What if? What if we changed just one tiny thing in our lives? What if we added one healthy habit that didn’t take much time or effort? What would be the good things that would happen? What are some bad things that could happen? What if you took the Clara Challenge?
We all know that we should eat more fruits and vegetables. Sometimes things that are easy to do are not easy to put into a daily practice. That’s why I love The Clara Challenge. It started with a group of friends who work at the YMCA. Clara made this her challenge every day and when other’s asked her about the bucket of fruits and vegetables on her desk, she inspired others to follow suit.
Here is the 7-step process to do The Clara Challenge:
- Find a large container with a lid.
- Each evening when you are putting dinner away, wash and cut up 3-5 cups of fruits and/or vegetables and place them in the container.
- Close the container and place it in the refrigerator.
- As you leave for work, take the container with you.
- When you arrive at work, place the container on your desk and open the container.*
- Munch on contents throughout the day.
- Before leaving work, be sure to finish the remaining contents in the container.
*If you work in an environment where you don’t have the opportunity to have the container near you, plan to visit the container at least 3 times during the day before a bathroom visit, lunch, and at break-time.
What if? Let’s do this!